Tuesday 11 April 2017

How school holidays can mess up your healthy lifestyle plans

I woke up at 6am this morning. The problem was that, for the fourth night running, I woke up on my couch with my laptop still open on my lap. I had literally worked until I fell asleep.

If you have read my blog before then you will know that I struggle with a work/life balance. I'm self employed working from home as a contractor. I'm habitually broke and am paying off a mountain of debt. So if I don't work then I don't get paid. I desperately try while my daughter is at school to set aside an hour per day for exercise and sometimes I don't even manage that. School holidays blow all my plans out of the water though.

I still need to work, I have bills to pay. But my daughter expects us to do things at least a couple of times a week so working during the day is sometimes limited hence the working into the middle of the night. Even if we are in because I have insisted I need to work, she is a distraction, bless her. She also has the capacity to create chaos throughout the house. Her learning difficulties have meant that she is perhaps not as independent as other girls her age too.

Food isn't any easier. If we are out then McDonalds is her favourite place to eat and none of their options are that healthy apart from the salad which frankly is really only fit for rabbits! Plus I'm tired all the time so my body is craving carbs and sweet things for an energy boost. I am an emotional eater too do the fact that I am just completely and utterly pissed off at the moment is not helping!! Today I just feel like I have been hit by the sadness shovel so have dug out the St Johns Wort in an effort not to dissolve in a puddle of tears!

So what is the answer to this? Basically there isn't one and this is just a bit of a rant. If there are any other single mums in a similar position reading this then I salute you and we will get through it - just maybe a couple of pounds heavier in my case.

One week of the holidays left to go and then some semblance of normality may return to my life. Hope you are all good!

Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig