Saturday 3 December 2016

My Deluxe Granola


Sometimes all you have time for at breakfast is to grab a bowl of cereal. It can be hard to find one though that is low in fat and not packed with sugar. I called this my Deluxe Granola as it literally contains every ingredient that I could think of putting in. Feel free to leave out anything that you don't like.


Ingredients 

200g Oats
50g Cashew Nuts
25g Chia Seeds
50g Sultanas
50 Pumpkin Seeds
25g Pistachios 
50g Pitted Dates
3 tbsps Honey
2 tbsps Coconut Oil
2 tbsps Almond Butter


Method

1. Shell the nuts if necessary.

2. Put all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

3. Add the honey, coconut oil and almond butter.

4. Mix in well so that all the ingredients are fully coated. I found this easiest to do by using my hands. It's a bit messy but effective.

5. Spread the mixture out on a greased baking sheet like this.


6. Cook at the top of a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes at 150 degrees or until the mixture has started to brown. You may find that it cooks quicker around the edges than in the centre. In which case you can take it from the oven, carefully remove the granola around the edges, spread the remaining mixture out more and then return to the oven for another few minutes.

7. Allow to cool fully before removing from the baking sheet.

8. You can then store the granola in an air tight container.



Considering the amount of fruit and nuts that it contains, my deluxe granola only contains 228 calories per 50g serving. I like to have mine with almond milk. It makes such a filling breakfast and really helps me to avoid snacking before lunch. Let me know if you try making it!

Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig