Sunday 23 October 2016

Pumpkin Smoothie

Now that Halloween is just around the corner, my thoughts have turned to pumpkins. I have always made pumpkin pie but this year I wanted to branch out and try a few different things. This is the first recipe that I have come up with.

Ingredients
1 banana
100g low fat natural yoghurt
100g pumpkin flesh
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla essense
1 tablespoon cinammon 

Method
1. Cut the pumpkin flesh into small cubes and cook in a little water over a medium heat until soft.
2. Drain any excess water and allow to cool.
3. Peel and slice the banana.
4. Put all the ingredients together in a blender. I used a Nuribullet which was perfect.
5. Blend until completely smooth.


The recipe contains 376 calories in total and it made enough for two small glasses.

You could easily reduce the calorie amount by using less honey.

This is a very filling smoothie that's perfect for between meals. My daughter loves it and keeps asking when I am going to make more.

Let me know if you try it. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig