Monday 22 August 2016

Monday Motivation - Goals



When I started my weight loss journey I deliberately didn't set any goals. I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself and I didn't want to give myself any time constraints. I'm now wondering whether it might be time to reconsider this and set some goals to help with my motivation.

As you will know if you have read my blog over the last few weeks, I am marking time until the end of the school summer holidays. I've equated it to not stopping my weight journey but just jogging on the spot for a while. When my daughter goes back to school in two weeks time then I really want to work on my fitness. Bearing that in mind, I am thinking about setting some fitness goals.  Running would probably be a good place to start. I use the Map My Run app so it would be easy to track my progress. 

I don't agree with setting weight loss goals personally. For me it creates too much pressure and as I veered towards eating disorders in the past, I need to avoid putting myself in that situation. Fitness goals may be a good motivator though and it's something I think I will do. I'll let you know what goals I choose.

Let me know if you find setting goals useful or not. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig