Friday 12 August 2016

Mango Protein Cookies

If you follow me on Instagram then you will have seen me post a picture of one of these cookies last week. I promised to give you the recipe so here it is.

Ingredients
75g low fat Greek yoghurt
100g honey
75g oats
75g protein powder
150g self raising flour
200ml almond milk
50g dried mango

Method
1. Mix together the yoghurt and honey
2. Stir in the oats. Mix until fully combined.
3. Add the protein powder and 100ml of the almond milk. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add the remaining 100ml of almond milk and the flour. Mix well until everything is combined into a sticky mixture.
5. Pull the pieces of dried mango apart so that they are in small chunks. Fold the mango  into the mixture and stir gently so that the pieces are distributed throughout the mixture.
6. Place a heaped tablespoon of the mixture at intervals on a large greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your fingers.
7. Cook in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until brown on top.
8. Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet. 


This was the first time I had tried baking with protein powder so I was really pleased how they turned out.

This was the powder I used


Feel free to use any unflavoured protein powder though. You could also use a different dried fruit if you are not a big fan of mango. I'm thinking of trying cranberries the next time I make these.

The recipe makes 18 medium sized cookies



Each cookie is only 79 calories each and each one contains 3g of protein. They are a really filling healthy snack and I will definitely be making them again.

Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig