Monday 11 July 2016

Monday Motivation - Make Time

Finding extra time is my motivation for this week. I've been feeling quite swamped lately with too many things to do and not enough time. 

I'm self employed and work on a freelance basis. This means that I have to grab work while its there and can mean working late into the night. If I don't work then I don't get paid and I can't pay my bills!

I'm a single mum with one daughter at home and one at university. My youngest has special educational needs which means she can need extra support plus she is an athlete and trains three times per week. I get no respite at all. I'm mum 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way but it is another time constraint. Add into this, trying to workout each week and work on this blog and you get an idea why I struggle for time. Sleep seems to be the thing that I cut down in order to try and fit everything else in, although I know that this is not particularly healthy for me. 

Now I really have proved myself to be a glutton for punishment by deciding to produce the recipe ebook. I'm not panicking, honest!! 


So solving my time management issues is definitely my motivation for this week. It's July now and before we know it, it will be 2017.


I have an idea of where I want to be both personally and professionally by 2017 but how do I get there? I don't have an easy answer and it frequently feels like time is getting away from me.


I'm going to start by making a series of lists. I'm a great one for making lists anyway but this will take it to a new level. I intend to have daily lists, weekly lists, monthly lists plus a plan of what I want to have achieved by the end of the year. I know this sounds a bit obsessive and that something might slip but it will focus my mind and help me prioritise. I might even colour code my lists! Maybe then I will manage to get more than five hours sleep on a regular basis. 

So I have a notepad ready and now I just need to set aside time today to start working on the lists! 

Here's a few images that have motivated me today.






The last image struck a particular chord with me. I read it as meaning that you should never rest on your laurels. We are all on a journey and you can always push to improve. 

Hope you are all feeling motivated and having a great Monday. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig