Saturday 9 April 2016

My Top 10 Tips For Losing Weight

I've been thinking about things that are helping me to lose weight and I thought I would share them with you. So here is my top 10 tips in no particular order. Some are actually things to do and some are more about motivation.

1. Do it for you
I've tried to lose weight lots of times and I think one of the reasons that I didn't manage to keep the weight off was that I wasn't doing it for the right reasons. Even doing it for my kids wasn't enough motivation. Losing weight can be hard and doing it for you can give you the motivation to succeed. Focus on what it means to you and what you will gain by succeeding.

2. Make it a lifestyle change not a diet
Embarking on a restrictive diet to lose weight quickly might give you the initial result that you are looking for but what happens when you end the diet? Sadly, if you haven't changed your habits, you will probably just put all the weight back on again. This is my reason for following Weightwatchers as it does set out to change your eating habits.

3. All exercise will help
If you have a lot of weight to lose then exercise may initially be hard for you. Try and do simple things like increasing the amount that you walk. I started off by walking around my local park every morning after dropping my daughter to school. Your fitness levels will improve.

4. Drink more water
This really does help. It flushes through your system and can help you feel fuller. It's great for your general health too.

5. Chart your progress 
If you read my blog then you will know I'm a great believer in this. Never rely just on your scales, use photos and take your measurements on a regular basis. It will all help to keep you motivated.

6. Get cooking
Don't rely on ready meals and processed foods. The additives and amounts of sugar in some of them is truly frightening. It doesn't take long to cook a stir fry or make an omelette but you will taste the difference as well as feel the benefit.

7. Try something new
It can be very easy to get stuck in the dieting rut. You know what you will eat every evening and you know how and when you will exercise every week. Mix it up a bit. There are so many different sports and exercises you can try. As for food, invest in a good cookbook if you haven't got one. I'd recommend Ella Woodward's or Jamie Oliver's books. Don't be frightened either to tinker with the recipes. I often do this to reduce the fat content. Experimenting can be fun!

8. If you slip up then don't panic!
Losing a lot of weight is hard and it's a long term process. If you slip up and blow your diet one day then don't give up! Just refocus and start again the next day. We are only human! I comfort ate a doughnut this week!

9. Treat yourself
Find some way of marking those milestones. If you've lost a stone then buy yourself a little present, preferably not food!

10. Eat more fruit and veg
My last tip is probably the one that most people are familiar with. Try to be imaginative in the way you do this and it will be easier. Make smoothies, add veg to stir fried and soups. There is an endless list of possibilities.

Hope you have found some of these helpful whether you are currently trying to lose weight or are just starting out. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig