Friday 4 March 2016

Measuring Up

One tip I've decided to follow is to look at my body size to judge my progress and not just rely on the scales. I know that scales can be deceptive sometimes as when fat is gradually replaced by muscle, the change in your weight may not always seem that big.

I didn't think to take my measurements before I started them but I did take them a month ago. I repeated the measurements yesterday and here is the two sets.

3rd Feb
Chest - 47 inches
Waist - 47 inches
Hips - 49 inches
Thighs - 25 inches
Calf - 17 inches
Upper arm - 14 inches

3rd March
Chest - 46 inches
Waist - 45 inches
Hips - 48 inches
Thighs - 24 inches
Calf - 16 inches
Upper arm - 14 inches

Inches lost in one month
Chest - 1 inch
Waist - 2 inches
Hips - 1 inch
Thighs - 1 inch
Calf - 1 inch
Upper arm - no loss

What interested me was the fact that generally there is an overall loss across my whole body with the exception of my upper arms. There is probably no loss there as they are more flabby and untoned rather than fat. I was pleased to see the biggest loss was around my waist as I do carry most weight there and I know it's one of the unhealthiest places to store fat.

I'm definitely going to keep taking the measurements every month. I'd recommend this to anyone trying to lose weight as it's another really great way to monitor your progress. 

Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig