Sunday 31 January 2016

Musical Monday Motivation - Lets Dance

Music is probably one of the biggest motivators in my life. A song can change your mood, cheer you up, make you sad, make you happy or take you back to a time in your past. So I thought I would pick some musical Monday motivation this week and here are a few of the songs that I use to motivate myself.

Christina Aguilera - Fighter
This is my go to song when I need to feel pumped up and a bit kickass. Great lyrics about how the bad stuff that happens to you in your life can actually make you stronger. That's something I definitely can relate to. It reminds me of driving through France on my own for the first time with my kids and feeling really empowered. Good stuff!

Charlie Brown - On My Way
This is not such a well known song but it struck a chord with me the very first time I heard it. It's so appropriate for this point in my life. The lyrics are about not being where you want to be yet but knowing that you are on the way there. Baby steps will get you there. This is always on my playlist and I normally dance around singing it in my kitchen, to the horror of my daughter! 

Andra Day - Rise Up
If I'm feeling tired, fed up or just sad then this is the track that I play at the moment. Listen to the lyrics, they are so inspiring! Andrea Day isn't that well known in the UK at the moment but you may recognise her from the Apple Christmas advert when she sang with Stevie Wonder. She's an amazing singer and it's a truly motivational song. 

Robyn - Dancing on my Own
This is a recent addition to my playlist. I got the boxset of Girls for Christmas and this is played at the end of an episode. I immediately looked it up and have been playing it ever since. It's a song that just makes me want to get up and dance or sing into a hairbrush! The motivational part is it reminds me that we should all keep dancing through life even if I am "dancing on my own".

So these are four of my motivational songs that I know I will be listening to this week. Let me know what you think and what is your musical motivation. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig