Thursday 21 January 2016

Breakfast solution

Breakfast has been causing me problems lately. I literally have five minutes to grab something before taking my daughter to school. I have been surviving on a pan au chocolat with a cup of coffee. Unfortunately this is both high in points and doesn't keep me full so I was coming home after the school run and basically having a second breakfast which was definitely not good for my Smartpoints total.

Yesterday I was baking cookies for my daughter, had a bit of an experiment and came up with my version of banana muffins. I'm really excited to share them with you as it's the first time I've ever made up my own recipe.


I tried one for breakfast this morning and it kept me much fuller so I think I may have found my breakfast solution. They were very easy to make so here's the recipe for anyone who wants to try.

Banana Muffins
90g coconut oil
110g honey
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp baking powder
400g Wholemeal flour
50g oats
2 mashed bananas
200ml unsweetened almond milk

1. Mix together the coconut oil and honey.
2. Add the eggs and mix well.
3. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and bananas.
4. Add the milk, oats, baking powder and flour and stir until mixed but try not to over stir.
5. Place 1 or 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture in each space of a greased muffin tin.
6. Place in the middle of the oven and cook for 25 mins at 175 degrees/gas mark 4 or until the muffins are a golden brown on top.

The recipe makes 12 large muffins.


I have calculated the muffins as 8 Smartpoints each but you could reduce this to 7 by replacing the coconut oil with ordinary oil and leaving out the oats.

I know my muffins are still quite high in points but the big bonus for me is that they are so filling and also full of healthy ingredients.



They would make a great healthy snack for any time of the day. Let me know if you try making them. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig